Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Clutch Saga Continues

I did get a chance to take the bike out again on Saturday. I played with the clutch for about 30 minutes before going for a ride and this is what I figured out.

1. Which ever way you think the clutch should be adjusted is wrong. Start just the opposite.

2. After you have adjusted it a little bit try the clutch only to find out that it makes no difference which way you adjust it, the clutch engages exactly how it did before. 

I put the bike on the center stand and started the motor. Made several adjustments. Engaged the clutch and shifted into first gear. If I took the adjustment too far in then it was hard to get it to shift into first gear. If I took it to far the other direction then it would only engage when the handle as all the way released. So I found what I thought was a happy medium only to find out that it engaged exactly as before.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

No comments: