Friday, March 19, 2010

Before and After

Taking advantage of the nice weather this afternoon I decided to wash the Wing. The project started as, "I'll just wash the frame and get some of the dust off of it." Well it started looking good so I continued to the panels and then the saddle bags, seat and... well... all of it. So here are some pictures to document that I actually did something today.
 I had to take it for a ride since it was looking so good. As I started down our street towards main I could see that the left side was still smoking a little bit. I turned on to main and drove up the north end of town and quickly noticed that as the bike warmed up the smoke increased. By the time I passed Lin's, the bike was producing a smoke screen that would make James Bond proud. I circled around and picked up my brother and the two of us rode a few more miles together. Little by little the smoke quit. The only thing that I can figure is that because I had the bike on the side stand while I added the Sea Foam that it flowed heavy into the carbs on that side. It must have taken some time to burn it all out. I guess I'll know if it smokes again next time I take it out.

I took it on the freeway for the first time as well. It holds 75 mph comfortably at about 4,000 rpms. I didn't push it any harder then that because of strong cross winds from the incoming storm. I think that I'll do the clutch adjustment this weekend.

No comments: