Sunday, February 7, 2010

In the Begining

So a little introduction to this blog. I recently had a patient from our Physical Therapy clinic who rode motorcycles, specifically Honda Goldwings. To keep the story short he had a blow out on a front tire of one of the bikes and layed it down. Being almost 70 years old and wise enough to listen to his wife, he decided that he could give up riding. One day in the clinic he announces this to me and says that he is going to sell his Wings. Knowing that I had a motorcycle already and was an avid rider he then tells me that I can have them both with the trailer for $1500.00. After seeing the bikes it was hard to say no. They are both in fine shape cosmetically and would only need minor mechanical work (or so I thought).

So here are the stats:

1979 GL1000, Black, Full Dressed, 56,000 miles, Blown out front tire (actually just off the bead)

1978 GL1000, Black, Full Dressed, 53,000 miles, After market ignition coil needs to be replaced

1994 Clam Shell Trailer, Black, Baby Moon hubcap, Excellent condition

Both bikes start.

The '78 wont stay running because the coils seem to make the bike run really hot. The front rotors need to be turned badly and the rear suspension has a leak in the air line.

The '79 did run until the throttle cable (pull) broke, at least I wasn't riding at the time, and has recently developed a coolant leak somewhere on the left side of the bike.

To date that is all the problems that I have found. Seems simple enough. Right?

No comments: