Saturday, February 27, 2010

First attempt to work the bugs out

After that first ride I felt like maybe the clutch was slipping a little bit. For what ever reason the it is really difficult to shift when the bike is not moving and it still feels like the clutch is partly engaged even after I let it out. I tried to make some adjustments on the handle side of the clutch cable but it is in as tight as it will go now. I might need to adjust the cable in the center.

I am almost convinced that the flywheel is missing teeth. The only other thing I can think of is that there is a clutch plate(or gearbox neutral selector) switch or sensor that isn't working properly. The starter will spin but won't engage the flywheel but very rarely. I plan to post a question of Steve Saunders Goldwing forum. They are my favorite source for answers.

As far as the helmet goes. Love It. It is pretty chilly today, high 40's, and I had no problems with fogging. The flip down sun visor is nice too. It looks brown in color however it actually has a blue tint to it. Good for anyone with seasonal depression.

One thing that has to change is the case guards. They hit me right in the shin. For a touring bike the foot pegs are right under the driver. I'll have to get some highway pegs or boards.

No comments: