Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not too shabby


I got the chance to take the bike out for a little ride this evening. I played with the clutch adjustment for just a minute on the center stand. It seemed okay there. As the bike warmed up a little it would clunk just a bit going into first gear. But, it shifts right into neutral and all the other gears fine. The handle pulls much easier now as well. Just a little fine tuning and I should have it.

The whole bike seems to be a little smoother now. I found as I was emptying my use oil pan that the spring that keeps the oil filter tight had fallen in the pan. So now I'll have to drain the bike down one more time so I can pull the filter and put the spring back in. It's not like me to only do things once.

The highway boards are an excellent addition to the bike. For my short frame they are perfect. I only wished that the shift lever and brake controls were up there as well. Rachel says that the passenger floor boards were a good buy.

Next I'll look to the brake cylinder.

5 comments:

Brant said...

new parts are always fun you need to ride it down here and we will go for a ride

Ryan said...

Man how would I love to. My weekends are going to free up here soon. Should have some time for riding. I would still like to take a MSF course with you. They offer one in St. George.

Brant said...

find out when and where hope its not alot of money zion harly has one but its 300 dollors if theres a better one im up for it

T-Dogg said...

i was just looking at the bike endorsment book and i would like to take one also if i can...

Ryan said...

Dixie College has a two day course for $125. I called them once and it seems like she told me that it is offered twice a month on Saturday and Sunday.