Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Motorcycle Insurance

I took the bike out Monday because the weather was so nice and I knew that the weather was going to turn sour. I rode down to the insurance company to see how much it would be to cover the bike. As she starts figuring out my premium she stops and asks,

"Now, do you have health insurance?

"Yes" I respond thinking that she is going to start a conversation about health care reform.

"Oh good" she says, "Because motorcycle insurance doesn't cover the rider."

Well okay. Now I'm thinking, why would I insure the bike then? What am I out if I wreak it? Even if the bike was totaled I wouldn't be surprised. If I can see that a wreak is going to happen, I am going to sacrifice the bike. Ditch that sucker and save yourself.

Really, It seems kind of silly to insure a bike after hearing that. Maybe if I had a really expensive bike I'd feel differently.



May as well.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

If you decide to ride your motorcycle naked make sure you let me know so I can get a picture for the blog.