Monday, July 2, 2012

Pop No Kick

So I got adventurous tonight and tried to breath life into the old wing. After chasing a few wires with the help of a free wire diagram, I was able to find the allusive black wire from the rear brake switch and make the connection.

A little fuel, a little choke and few shots of ether and she starts. But. She won't run. It has to be a timing issue. When I can keep it going it gets a lot of backfiring and smokes like it is running rich.

I looked on Randakk's and the firing order is 1-3-2-4. The front two cylinders are fired off of the right coil and the rear two fire off the left.

Where my bike has the Martek electronic ignition it might be a bit of a chore to get it timed properly as it is really hard to find the literature for Martek Industries. There is plenty out there for the contact points that Mother Honda originally installed but Honda didn't adopt the electronic ignitions until the GL1200.

No recordings of engine sounds tonight. But what I did hear sounds good.

No comments: