Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gold in your Grill?

It has been a slow go for the past few weeks for a few reasons. One, no time and two no parts. I finally received the air shock fittings and air line only to find out that the fittings wouldn't fit. So I over paid for the lines but now the rear shocks are finally doing their job.

I also ordered the last of the headlight rings and all the associated spring locks and bolts to put it together. It is plugged in and working like a champ.

I had to wait for a calm-ish day to paint the few remaining pieces that I had forgotten. Two of them were radiator trim and I couldn't bolt it up until they were done. In the process I painted the radiator grill gold and I am happy with the way it turned out.

The goal for this week is to get the electronic ignition connected, and see if we can hear what those Rumblers sound like. Oh, I hope the seat will be done this week too. Pictures will follow.

2 comments:

Brant said...

looking good thunder on the mtn is the weekend of the 20th you and trev should ride down

Ryan said...

Man I sure hope to have it ready by then. It is just a time consuming project.