Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sprockets?




In my frustrated state of not being able to get this bike to run smooth, despite a quart of Sea Foam, I payed a visit to the local Honda dealership. As soon as I mentioned that I had a '78 Goldwing the guy at the counter said, "We wont work on any thing that old."

Some mumbo jumbo about not being able to get parts and can't find tools that old, no bikes use carburetors any more, blah blah blah...

So I called another local bike shop called Sprockets in Monroe UT. The owner answered the phone and knew just what I was trying to explain about the bike starting but only running at certain RPM's. He said that by adjusting the jets and synchronizing the carbs we should be running like a champ. That's what I like to hear. Tomorrow the Naked Wing will take her first road trip, via trailer, to the shop to get a good one over.

The next time I see her I'll be saddling up to ride her home. Whoot whoot!

5 comments:

J * said...

So what is with the image of he sprockets and chain?

Ryan said...

The shop is called sprockets. Didn't have a picture of the shop.

Unknown said...

guess what i just bought.... i got me a project bike. 1981 suzuki gs850l it runs and was cheep i am back in the biker gang.

Ryan said...

Very nice. I've done one suzuki before. Follow the link to the suzuki project on my side bar.

You'll have to email me a pic.

Unknown said...

reading the suzuki blog makes me glad mine is already running :) just blinker break lights and cosmetic stuff to do. You will have to come by and see it next time you are in cedar.