Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fresh Powder Coat.... Ummmm

So I'm late posting these but none the less. The powder coated goldwing frame revealed. This is how I picked it up from ToughCoat. All wrapped up. The car was sure a handy and cheap way to move it.

I was pretty excited to see how the cleaned up gauge set would look against the new color. I'm digging it. The power coating looks great and I have to say that the gauges look pretty awesome for Honda originals from 1978. The last 34 years have been good to this set.


This is a really cool and dynamic color. Any time the color is in bright light it is quite red and sparkly. This picture was taken with the flash on around dusk.
This one was taken at the same time with out the flash and looks pretty close to that dark by the naked eye.

I've started making a pile of parts that need to be painted black now. I plan on doing them myself. Prime, paint and clear coat. I can't bring myself to put old chipped and faded parts back on this frame. It slows the process down quite a bit but I'm only going to do it once.

2 comments:

Lonnie Summerall said...

Awesome! The finish on the frame looks absolutely beautiful. The frame looks especially striking with that red coating. It will definitely look awesome under the sunlight. I would love to see this gorgeous ride once all the parts are put together! I’m sure it’s going to look stunning!

Ryan said...

Thanks Lonnie. It did turn out great. I'm very happy with the color.