Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mothers Power Ball?.....Um Yes!

If you ever walked down the automotive isle in Walmart and come across the Mothers Power Ball and then have the question pop into your head, "Should I buy this?"; the answer is YES!
It is a drill mounted heavy duty sponge that buffs like crazy. What if you don't have any thing to buff you ask? Buy one anyway. You'll find something and when you do...
I has previously buffed my little heart out by hand on these timing belt covers and they came out all right. but I kept thinking that I needed something high speed. Well I was right about that. I used Meguiar's Metal Polish and a green scour pad to ruff up the oxidation from the aluminum.
I then wiped it all down with a clean rag and applied a second thin layer of Meguiar's before buffing it with the Power Ball. The parts will haze up at first and in no time that lustrous shine will break fourth.
Here is a side by side comparison.
I looked at the Power Cone as well and after using the Ball I would say for a motorcycle application that the Cone would be nice. The Ball is good but big and it is hard to fit in a lot of the smaller places on a bike. The Cone would work nicely for that and has a large flat side for the bigger parts. This will be the next one that I buy.

All in all it was well worth the price of about $20 for two reasons: the time it saved me and the resulting shine on the aluminum parts. 

No comments: