Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let's get some parts here...

So I finally decided to get some parts coming. I've surfed for months now looking for the exact right this or that and now it is finally time to make some decisions. So here are few of them:
I have to replace the Progressive air shock lines as the old ones are very brittle and no longer hold air. That was an easy one to order. I just hope that the shocks still hold air. If not I'll be looking at getting a set of Progressive 416's to use with my new air line kit.

I also ordered a front brake reservoir since the old one looks like they all do after about 15 minutes in the sun. I ordered new brake pads as well.

I went with the Radiantz licence plate frame because it is lit, looks sharp and wasn't expensive. That equals a tri-fecta of awesome in my book. This is their horizontal plate mount but I'm going to mount it vertically. This mount puts twice the light on the plate with 6 LED's as the the vertical mount with only 3. Hopefully if my tag is well lit it will keep the fuzz off my backside.
I went with the billet look mirror with a 6 inch stem from EMGO. I saw a pair at Bob's used motorcycle parts in Phoenix and they really are quite nice and heavy. They have a metal construction and a nice finish. I think that I'll have to mount the right side mirror before I put the brake reservoir back on  due to the fact that the reservoir is so tall and the mirrors are short.
I found a nice tail light that saved me some money, more about that in a second, so I caved in and spent a little extra on my signal lights. I liked the Drag Specialties mini deuce marker lights from the beginning but they are right on the edge of what I wanted to spend. I opted for the clear/smoked lens covers and will probably go with the clear. I think that clear covers all the way around will look good especially since....
...I found this sweet integrated tail light by Astra Securities. I know that they haven't really established themselves a name yet but this little gem looks very promising. It is a replacement for the standard Harley Davidson V-Rod tail light. This light is much more streamlined, has a clear lens, has 117 LED's and incorporates the rear turn signals.
I'm not sure how it is going to match up with the Goldwing fender as the angle of theV-Rod fender is a little flatter then mine; but one thing that I am sure of is that I'm going to make that sucker fit. The only drawback that I see with this so far is that it ships directly from it's mother land of China and must take the slow boat. The estimated delivery date is in the middle of June. That's really not a big issue to me actually because it will be that long before I get anywhere near ready to mount it. 

5 comments:

Ryan said...

The Mirrors and Grips came today. They are well worth the price. I'm very pleased with them. They are both made of metal and are very heavy with smooth chrome finishes. Can't wait until I can start putting them on.

Brant said...

those are the same mirrors i put on my yellow bike looks like you found some sweet parts will be cool to see it finished

Ryan said...

The licence plate frame came yesterday and it too looks nice. The plate itself will have to be notched a little to make way for the wire which is not a real issue.

The air shock parts also came minus the air lines. The fittings are no good to me with out lines so if I don't see them soon I'll be making some phone calls.

Ryan said...

I received the turn signals today. They are smaller then I had expected but they look nice and are well built. I will have to use a bushing to fit them to the front forks. They come threaded with about a 8 mm stem and the factory placement is about a 13 mm female thread.

Ryan said...

The airlines are a no go. Check out my review on amazon.com part#30-5082.

I did get my tail light today and it looks sweet. I'll have to cut into the fender just a little to mount it but it is going to look great.