Monday, August 9, 2010

How's your gas mileage? Prius? Volt?


To heck with these battery operated piles-o-trash. I just filled the Wing today and was pleasantly surprised. I pumped 4.066 gallons of premium Chevron fuel. I had rode 230.7 miles since my last fill up in Lyman.

"Oh gee Mr. Wizard! What kind of gas mileage are you getting then?"

"Well it's simple Timmy. We want to find out how many miles per gallon the bike uses. Right?"

"Yes Sir!"

"Then lets divide the number of miles by the number of gallons like this."

(scratching on a black board)

230.7 / 4.066 = 56.738

"Geepers Mister! Does that mean that the bike got almost 57 miles/gallon?!"

"That's right Timmy. One more reason that all boys should ride motorcycles."

(spoken in a calm fatherly voice and smiling at the camera)

Well you heard it here folks, the Goldwing averaged 56.7 mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. Join us next time when we disclose how cheap it is to insure one of these beauties.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

are you talking about "Your Girlfriend?"

Ryan said...

Well I may be a freakin idiot but at least you will know how to figure out your gas mileage now. If you need to you can just refer back to the blog. I could have written it in an algebraic formula like this:

a/b=c

But I knew that would confuse you. So just remember mpg

Miles/gallon=mpg

Not that it's any of my business but did you ride your girlfriend today?

Brant said...

best ive got is 49mpg but justin on his 900 got 59 one time thats a lot better then 10 like my truck