Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Drum Roll Please....

Yes I did finally get the long awaited phone call. The Naked Wing is ready for pick up. So today after work Rachel and I rode out to see if this was some kind of joke. Here is my assessment.

The bike runs and sounds good. They adjusted the valves, cleaned and tuned the carbs, fixed the exhaust leak and the ignition. The new Dyna S seems really good. The bike is responsive and feels pretty good.

They did not however, pump up the rear brake(which I found out after attempting to stop on the highway) despite my incessant asking specifically about the brake. They marred up my powder coating, covered the lower half of the bike in grease and what looks like antifreeze, broke my radiator overflow cap and left greasy hand prints all over the bike. Lots of dark black grease. Not just finger print looking smudges. It was more like they used the bike as a rag to wipe their hands on.

After cautiously riding it home I began disassembly again to re route wires and cables that they had moved. Found several loose nuts and bolts and more grease.

I was told that the bike had been in the shop the entire time. After seeing the shop I can believe such a statement. I would have to guess that while working on every other bike in the shop they they started them with the tail pipes in a bucket of oil and antifreeze to see how far each of the bikes could blow the oily mixture. Lucky for me, my bike remained in the shop for all those demonstrations.

Well at least she is home now and I can give her the proper care she deserves.

Next step. Fix brakes and Horn so I can legally put her on the road. 

1 comment:

J* said...

Well that is quite the ordeal. You really have to do things yourself to have it done right. Glad to hear the GW is getting the TLC that is deserved.