Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eagle One


I was puttering around with the naked Goldwing tonight and tried to buff of some of the oxidation from the front forks. I broke out the Eagle One nevr-dull wadding polish and started on the lower left fork. In no time at all, 30-60 seconds, the oxidation was coming off so quickly that it soaked through the wadding and made it completely black. It stained my hands. I buffed for another minute then wiped the fork down with a cotton rag. The results, quite nicely polished aluminum.

Oxidized

Polished

Here is the rear fender with the tail light removed. There was a fair amount of surface rust on it, especially in between the tail light and the fender. Again, a little Nevr-dull wadding, a little elbow grease and voila... 33 year old chrome looking very nice.


When I get a little more time I'm going to really get after the forks, valve and timing covers and anything else aluminum or chrome. I'll only do it once but I'll be sure to take a picture after for proof.

No comments: