Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Backordered?

How many people can there be that are ordering master cylinder rebuild kits? My favorite busted old bike vendor is sold out of them. It is clear that I need to rebuild the cylinder. After cleaning the calipers and greasing them up it took a ridiculously long time to pump them back up and once they are the won't hold pressure. It makes for a scary ride pumping the brakes every time you need to stop. Forget about stopping fast. It just isn't safe to ride until I get it changed. I can't even salvage from the other bike because Mother Honda changed the control from 78 to 79. Guess it will be a while longer before we take it out again.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I've sent them an email to contact me when the parts are again in stock. Hopefully that isn't too long. I may order new clutch plates at the same time and get into that project while I'm at it.

Rachel said...

Glad you didn't tell me this before our ride on Sunday.