Monday, May 3, 2010

Riding Courses

I called down to St. George today to get the schedule for the classes. The next one that I could go to is May 28-30th.
The June dates are: 18-20th and 25-27th.

As you can see this is a three day class.

Friday 6pm-9pm
Sat 8am-5pm
Sun 8am-noon

lunch is not provided.

The cost is 125.00 per person and includes a 250 cc bike and helmet. You can bring your own if it is licensed and insured and the helmet has to be DOT approved. I would surely bring my own. Classes won't be held again until fall.

They actually offer a advanced rider course that I would rather take, but they require that you have passed the basic course as a pre-req. Just another way to suck money out of you I think. The advanced course is taught at Miller Speedway on the track and sounds cool.

5 comments:

T-Dogg said...

Dangget now i wanna go gosh you serious....ahhhh.

Rachel said...

You get a 125cc bike and a helmet for $125.00? That sounds kind of cheap to me.

Which date are you signing up for? I vote for either May 28th-30th or June 18th-20th because Girls Camp is during the last weekend in June and I sure could use you.

Brant said...

i would like to know what they teach before pay if its just like the dot book and driving test that a wast of time

Ryan said...

I think that the basic course might be like that. If I didn't need it to take the advanced course then I wouldn't do it.

The guard will actually pay for mine so I'm not out anything if it sucks. If you want I'll take it and tell you
and Trev if it is worth your time and money. Just let me know so I can get enrolled.

Ryan said...

I pulled this off of the MSF site.

Here's a short list of some of the topics covered in the course.

* Introduction to motorcycling
* Protective gear / What to wear
* Controls such as the clutch and brakes
* Pre-ride inspection of your motorcycle
* Preparing to ride your motorcycle on the class range
* Street strategies to avoid trouble and stay safe
* Driving and riding impairments such as use of alcohol and drugs
* How to maneuver your motorcycle
* Avoiding obstacles
* Lane changes
* Passing
* Riding at night
* Collision avoidance skills
* Swerving
* Special situations
* Carrying a passenger or cargo
* Dealing with tire failure
* Dealing with animals
* And other topics, all included to increase your motorcycle riding enjoyment and safety.

In the Basic RiderCourse, you will learn:

* To have more fun by riding your motorcycle safely.
* The basics: what to wear, how to start and stop your motorcycle, and motorcycle controls.
* Street strategies to avoid trouble and stay safe.
* How to maneuver your motorcycle in tough situations.
Swerving, avoiding collisions, special situations,
lane changes, passing, and avoiding hazards.



The Basic RiderCourse is a 14 to 15 hour program, which provides classroom and actual motorcycle operator training in a controlled, off-street environment.

No experience is necessary; a good sense of balance is required (you must be able to ride a bicycle).